Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year...a time to reflect

Seeing as how is has been just over a year since I started stamping, I thought I would look through all my cards and see just which one I was the proudest of...okay there is more than one ;-)

However my absolute favorite, is the card I made for my mom on Mother's Day...at this point, I think I discovered my favorite thing to stamp is Anything but a card!!. So this purse, took some time to make but was definitely worth the effort. I hope I can remember exactly what I did to make this card.

Essentially the purse is a template that prints out on 8 1/2X 11" paper and you cut it out with an Exacto Knife or scissors. Looking at the closed purse to the left, I covered the bottom half with some fun purple daisy paper from DCWV Stack 3, I then punched out three flowers from the scraps with my Michael's $1 punch and added a small yellow center from my 1/8" punch. I strung simple satin ribbon to make the handles.

I loved the outside but when I initially looked at the inside with just "Happy Mother's Day" all I could think was BORING instead of classic and simple...

So I added some stamping...I used the TAC Hostess Set Earth Laughs and Palette Iris for the flowers and Palette Giverny Green for the stems. The "Happy Mother's Day" is stamped with the TAC Trendy Greetings in Palette Iris.

Stamps: TAC Hostess Set Earth Laughs; TAC Trendy Greetings
Ink: Palette Iris; Palette Giverny Green
Accessories: 1/8" Hole Punch, Satin Ribbon


Just a note that the top is a separate piece and provides cover for securing the ribbon as well as another pretty piece. And a small slit is used as the "clasp" of the Purse Card.

Here is a jpeg of the template, just resize on 8 1/2X11" paper and print.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable...thank you for sharing it.
Denise