Tuesday, February 05, 2008

One Layer Love and Joy Card




I really wish you could see the sparkle in this card! It is really something spectacular. One Layer cards are always a challenge...but this one is pretty quick and simple! I cut an oval template (but it could be any shape) that fit my image.


Then I sponged around the edges with Dew Drops...a must for this project!!! The fact that this chalk ink doesn't dry quicky is important! At first I sponged too lightly, in reality...this card I was NOT happy with because the sponging was too dark and when I stamped the flowers they sort of blended...but then....remember that part about chalk ink not drying? Well I used my glitter chalk to accent the flowers in a darker complementary color!!! It added depth and shimmer (once you go glitter regular chalks just don't have any appeal...at least for me).

So I stamped the flowers using my TAC Love and Joy set...the flowers in pastel purple (like the surrounding background) but accented them in a brighter purple! I stamped the stems in Pastel Green...and well heck went to town on the stems with green glitter chalk...


Then I got wild and used the white (clear) glitter chalk all over the place!!! This card really sparkles and it totally bums me out that I can't get a good picture showing this! And finally I stamped "Love and Joy..." sentiment with Palette Noir (no it doesn't sparkle).

No comments: