Friday, March 02, 2007

Another Sneak Peek at my Spa Collection

So I've been developing a whole bunch of new items (for me) with a similar "Spa" look. Here is a selection of the Journals I would like to offer. A full size altered composition notebook and a small spiral notebook. I've chosen the TAC Uptown Girls paper collection...as it is very similar to the spa logo. Only problem is that at 8X8 it sometimes it isn't large enough.

Composition notebook
The composition notebook is very easy to make, although I had quite the challenge trying to find large paper to coordinate. So I cheated and used cardstock..it is the cheaper quality (ie lighter) Michaels stuff, but it worked quite nicely. I measured the cardstock...tried to use Mod Podge...disaster...so I used a generous amount of Yes glue...which worked a treat. I trimmed around the curved edges with an Exacto knife.

The image is one that required me to buy an ENTIRE 156 piece set of Stamping stuff from Michaels. It says "Kiss My Tiara"...I don't know it makes me laugh...and a really good friend and TAC Demo gets tiara's from the Angel Company so I altered a box for her and stamped that on it! Did I get a picture of it...no...but that is typical me. Okay back to my composition notebook...I thought that "Kiss my Tiara" would make those Tweens/Teens laugh...even if they don't have an attitude.

Stamps: Michaels Kit; TAC GWP Flowers
Paper: Michaels Designer Cardstock 2; DCWV Stack 3; TAC White Cardstock; Tac Uptown Girl
Ink: Palette Noir
Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon
Techniques: Paper Piecing


So the details, I stamped the Hot Pink CS with Brilliance Moolight White and this great TAC GWP which matches the Rub a Dub Dub set, then mounted it only up to the binding. I then stamped the Kiss my Tiara in Noir and paper pieced the crown with a scrap of the Solid Hot Pink TAC Uptown Girl paper. I tend to cover the binding because then I can wrap the ribbon all the way around (it is much stronger this way). I used the Black Sassy paper from DCWV Stack 3...finally I mounted white cardstock on the inside to cover all that *math stuff* when you are hanging out with a facial mask, getting your nails done I don't think you need to know the square root of pi.

Small Spiral Notebook

The spiral notebook was very simple, a 3"X5" piece of Uptown Girl Zebra print. I wasn't sure how to work the paper around the spirals, line it up punch then slit tops and glue around spiral...or removing the spiral. Finally I removed the spiral, it was easier. I glued the paper to the cover, used my 1/8" punch to repunch the holes, then put the whole thing back together.

The saying is from the TAC Special Edition Stamp Girlfriends, that should appear in next year's catalog. The black dot are just that...1/8" punches because I was worried that brads just wouldn't of flattened out on such a small piece of paper. Besides I have much better luck lining up paper circles than brads...go figure.

Finally I used up all those ribbon scraps to hide the unsightly spiral...I even sneaked in some fun fur fiber...to mimic Pink Bolas...another thing with the spa. Gosh it just makes me want to run out and get a pedicure....as if!! I like using the ribbons scraps but must say I used to think it was way over the top...but then all new styles need to grow on me. I'm kind of slow like that.

Stamps: TAC Rub a Dub, Dub; TAC Girlfrinds
Paper: TAC Uptown Girl; Michaels Designer Collection 2; TAC White Cardstock;
Ink: Palette Noir
Accessories: Various Ribbon Scraps, Memo Book

No comments: