Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Tub Runneth Over Card


This is part of my new spa collection I'm designing for a client. They will be exclusive, however I just had to share it...I was so tickled pink. I think I'm finally in style...while it is in style that is...I really like using the white ink on dark solid cardstock! It just always seems to look nice.
This card is pretty simple and straightforward, a white carstock base with the Michael's designer cardstock 2 hot pink set on top and stamped with Brilliance Moonlight White and a TAC GWP flower background stamp. I love this stamp. I just keep using it like crazy!!
The main image is the TAC Rub a Dub Dub stamp colored with a blender pen and Aquacolor Crayons...I can't help but LOVE my crayons...also I am getting soo much better at the whole coloring thing...be brave leave a lot of white...looks better. Just I was too afraid. I outlined the image with a grey Tombow marker to give it some depth but I'm not sure I like it. After the image was finished I sponged around it with Palette Belle Rose which warmed it right up...she was looking a little chilly in her tub.
The saying is "My tub runneth over" also from the TAC Rub a Dub Dub stamped in Palette Noir. I used the vertical punch to punch two holes (my own paper ribbon charm) and ran my black grosgrain ribbon through them and wrapped around the pink layer...but the saying is actually affixed with dimensionals...hence the shadow on that side of the card.

Stamps: TAC Rub a Dub, Dub; TAC GWP Flower
Paper: Michaels Designer Collection 2; TAC White Cardstock; TAC Black Cardstock
Ink: Palette Noir, Brilliance Moonlight White ; Tac Belle Rose
Accessories: Pop up dots; Black Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: