Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Snowflake Gift Tag Tins - $10

These gift tag tins were the first thing to sell, a lady came by gasped and bought two at $10 each. It set the tone for me for the rest of the day. I've heard so many negative things about craft shows, from rude customers and no advertising...to not making back your table fee. I just read a story the other day of a lady that paid $1000 for a table at a VERY exclusive event but only made $500...yikes!!


I was so happy when even those that didn't buy anything had such wonderful things to say about my creations. I think they are good and I do pour my blood (literally...papercuts really hurt), sweat (not on the paper I promise) tears (usually after staying up to all hours trying to finish something...apparently lack of sleep makes me emotional). So it was very gratifying to hear all the positive comments...I was on cloud nine all day.

So this Altered Altoid Tin contains 20 gift tags...some fancy and some simple. My absolute favorite tags are the ones with the snowflake brads...I actually designed these last year for a Tag swap on SCS I was in...and decided to use the design again...except expand the color selection to Olive and Red...and make a few more tags.


The second tag type is stamped with the TAC Snowflakes and Winter Flakes sets using Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze Spectrum ink pad. I sponged around the edge of the smaller white cardstock tag to make it pop.


The third tag is punched with the Marvy Extra Jumbo Scallop Circle Punch (Blue one)...and is exactly 2" wide. I stamped one snowflake in the middle and then used the darkest Kaleidacolor blue to stamp the greeting from Paper Trey Ink's Faux Ribbon.


The trick with setting all the eyelets and punching those holes...was the Crop-A-Dile. I love this tool...I honestly don't know how I lived without it! I mean I just stacked up everything and punched once...then set the eyelets. I had a little trouble with the eyelets and smashed a couple (not shown...reserved for family gifts...LOL). Not sure if I was pushing too hard or what...so I need to experiment more with that.

Here is a picture of the Tag Tin closed. I prepared the Altoid tins by spraying them with Krylon Spray Paint, I find a few light coats of this provides the best coverage without making the paint so thick you can't open the tin.


I glued stamped cardstock on all surfaces both inside and out and torn an edge of navy cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflakes. I had a few of these little punched stars so I glued one on the blue for contrast. I stamped "Tag Tin" with the TAC Ancient Alphabet and the individual colors in the Kaleidacolor Pad. These tins came together quite quickly, but next time I think I will try to adhere ribbon around the outside to cover the lettering (I'm covering the surfaces anyway) and not stamp Tag Tin, this way after the tags are all gone it could be used to present another gift.


Here is a picture of my green and red tag tin!



Thanks for looking!

Lisa.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I just found your blog and I'm in love with all your goodies!!!!
I will have to make some of these amazing gift tag tins. Just too cute.

Lauri said...

I just found you as well! I will be "casing" your creations (hahaha) but see that you will be inspiring many gifts! Thanks for sharing with us, and I am happy to read of your show success!

Diane said...

Those are soooo nice!!! You must of sold quite a few of them,love'em