Saturday, March 07, 2009

This is for Mel!


This is a LONG overdue post...for Mel Stampz. Mel is a tireless creator of templates and amazing step-by-step instructions for all kinds of thrifty uses of all kinds of materials.

I saw these ADORABLE picture snowman here. I, clueless as I am, had a question or two despite her excellent tutorial. So late, late at night I shot Mel an email for clarification and to my disbelief she shot one back seconds later!

So here is 'my' um variation (okay they are almost identical) of the Photo Snowman. I made these for Christmas and used them as Placeholders! My kids are 3 and 5 and they immediately knew just where they were sitting (and then proceeded to tell everyone else). One tip I found out the hard way...let the puffy paint dry overnight it makes ALL the difference in the puff...and you don't 'toast' it trying to get it to puff more...like I did in haste to get them done.

Anyway, I just loved this project and thought on this sunny day (70 degrees here...despite the 8 inches of snow we had on Tuesday) it would be a fun thing to share! Also Mel has been a bit under the weather...so shoot on over to her blog and spread some cheer! Afterall it's not just for Christmas! I filled mine with Ghiradelli chocolate squares which made them a take home treat! Also, with last minute changes to my list of people it took me minutes to switch out the picture (I just printed them on regular paper) and slip them in. I only glued the bottom bit so the picture was removable.

Supplies Used:

  • Paper: White cardstock (WalMart); DCWV Stack;
  • Accessories: White puffy Paint Pen
  • Tools: Cuttlebug Folder SnowDots; Standard Hole Punch

No comments: