Thursday, March 12, 2009

Simple and Clean

We've been very lucky this year and have already visited Florida, Myrtle Beach and are taking off for Massachusetts next month. Very lucky to travel, but well not so good for crafting. The good news is that between making thoughtful thank you notes for friends (for taking care of things here) and the fact that we have had several nice sunny days...I've actually been crafting again.

I seriously apologize for the pink backgrounds...my 'white' set-up was cannibalized to make cards...LOL. So I just grabbed the first plain piece of something to take photos of before I gave out the gifts!

I've been seriously stuck in no-mojo land, but when I saw these simple and creative creations by Nicole Heady I had an idea for a set of cards to gift. To me these colors are so FALL...but well when you come back from Florida and the sun and sunshine...to everything gray and bleak...it really felt like fall here.



This is the set of four cards...green and yellow...packaged in one of those trusty clear boxes...if you haven't found out about clearbags.com...YOU need to go there!

I tried to make them simple...and they might even be too simple. The base is a 4.25X4.25 white cardstock card and the earthy green layer is a cuttlebugged with Textile. I think this is my #1 CB folder...it works for any style. I then used my MM handheld Notch punch (I don't have a SU! slit punch) and frankly I probably prefer this because I can put my slot ANYWHERE I want it! And finished off my little semi circle area with Offray Iridescent White ribbon and a Lavender button from Oriental Trading Company (I got a button pack a long while ago...first time I'm using it...so cathartic).

The sentiment is a TAC sentiment "One Liners" and is finished off with a Black Brad.


This card is pretty much the same as the green card except I used a black button...and a different sentiment from the same TAC set. I think they fit very well with the size of this card! I included a set of 4 in each plastic case...mostly because with the buttons that is all that would fit!

My initial idea was to make two of each color until I realized that they wouldn't fit and well purple was my friend Shelby's favorite color and I wasn't even making a set for her...but she was SOO in my thoughts that day I just started designing for her. Hmm...she reads my blog I better go gather up the extras and make her 'her set' now...LOL.



So I realized that the green/yellow sets were probably the preferred colors for the people that I needed to thank!

But I needed a BD card that coordinated with the Princess Coloring Book I made here. So I used my pre-cute purple supplies and cuttlebugged it with the Swiss Dots folder (#2 Folder for me!) and a lavender button and purple scrappers floss! And viola...quick and easy BD card. The sentiment is a mix...the "Happy B-day!" is from TAC Tag Tidbits and the Princess is from...my Target Princess Stamp Set.

Oh yeah...I just want to make one observation...when I first started stamping I bought a bunch of the thinner Paper Company Cardstock before 'gasp' I knew better! It is WAY too thin to use as a card base although I'm sure people do...BUT it is REALLY awesome to cuttlebug and/or layer because it doesn't add a lot of weight. It can be a bit of a challenge to coordinate the colors sometimes but well that is part of the fun for me...

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: TAC Tag Tidbits; TAC One Liners; Target Disney Princess
  • Ink: Palette Noir
  • Cardstock: White (Walmart); Paper Company Vintage Green and Yellow, Primary Purple
  • Accessories: Offray White Irradescent Ribbon; Oriental Trading Company Box of Buttons Neutral and Bright; TAC Scrappers Floss - Beige; TAC Scrappers Floss - Dark Purple
  • Tools: MM Punch Kit; Cuttlebug Embossing Folders Textile and Swiss Dots

No comments: