Monday, May 21, 2007

Preakness Inpired VSN Challenge

This was another VSN challenge, something with Black Eyed Susan flowers...but the twist was seeing as real Black Eyed Susan flowers don't bloom around the Preakness and the officials use substitutes...see what you could substitute.
I substituted a Yellow Sunflower from TAC Earth Laughs Stamp set and a wonderfully high tech pencil eraser to change the yellow center to be dark brown! The neatest part of all though is the scalloped yellow background...I made it out of punches from my Word Window punch...yep I punched each scallop separately and glued them side by side! Finally I stamped "Thinking of You" from the TAC More One Liners stamp set in the bottom right corner. The brown background is from the ProvoCraft Slab 5 collection...I didn't think I liked this set but find I use it more and more! And I also stamped an envelope to match...I'm really liking doing that!

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

I like how this card turned out! The flowers look great!