Sunday, May 20, 2007

Virtual Stamp Night

Last night I participated in a Virtual Stamp Night on SCS, it was my first ever. The theme was May Flowers...they give you a challenge each hour and you MUST finish the card within 45 minutes. I had a blast and was really impressed with the results. It really made me execute an idea quickly...usually I agonize over designs. I'll be posting my creations over the next few days!

The first challenge I did was "Flower...NOT!!!". The idea was to create a flower without using a flower stamp or a flower punch. I used a Heart punch to make this card.

I punched 5 hearts using my Super (Blue) Marvy Uchida Clever Lever punch and cut them in half. I then layered them onto the black 1" circle and flipped. I used a 1" strip of striped paper from the DCWV Stack 3 papers.

Finally I stamped "hello friend" in the bottom right corner with the TAC Tag Tidbits stamp. I thought I would keep it simple so as to not take away from the big flower! Ha, who am I kidding...once I got the flower assembled I had to rush to finish the card in the time limit.



Stamps: TAC Tag Tidbits
Paper: DCWV Stack 3; Paper Company Brights Green; TAC Black Cardstock
Ink: Palette Noir
Accessories: Super (blue) Heart Punch; 1" circle punch

No comments: