Wednesday, May 23, 2007

To Quill or Not!!!

I participated in the VSN Challenge (yeah I know...already). But one of the challenges was something I've been wanting to try for a while...so I got a kick in the butt to actually try it...QUILLING!!

And you know what...it isn't that hard! And despite looking fragile is pretty darn tough. Here is my quilling effort (very simplistic as I only had 45 minutes...and those little rolls take a while to make). This incredibly nuclear green is currently my favorite! I call it Springtime after Nuclear Holocaust. Anyway, Not much to say about this card except, twirl 1/8" strips of paper (yes I even cut my own) around a toothpick, then glue the end and squash to form a petal. I tried a black spiral in the middle but it didn't work so I used this fun large brad from Oriental Trader.

I also used my 4 in 1 Fiskars Lace Corner puncher to make the design on the black background. The sentiment is from TAC Keep your Chin Up.

No comments: