Monday, August 27, 2007

Falling Leaves Cards

I love the fall it is probably my favorite season after spring...I could never live anywhere without fall foliage and defined seasons. When I moved away from up north...I was so happy that I was near the Shenandoah Valley in Va...so that I wouldn't miss my wonderful Fall Foliage.

Here is my tribute to the Fall a beautiful set of 3X3s and handmade envelopes. This TAC stamp set was my first MUST HAVE set...Charcoal Leaves. I bought it when I was a newbie stamper...~2 years ago. I've used it frequently since then...and to make a newbie stamper look amazing pair it with the Kaleidacolor Cappuchinio Delight stamp pad (I've even used it as underwater foliage paired with Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea). As I revisit this stamp set each year I benchmark my progress and the increased sophistication of my projects. When I first started I was thrilled if I could get the stamp straight! Now I am seriously drawn to anything with texture (hence my current obsession with cuttlebug embossing folders) or 3-D party favor/gift type things.


So to the cards....I used the Charcoal Leaves stamp set and that Kaleidacolor Cappuchino Delight onto Cream Colored Cardstock...punched it out with my Mega Scallop Square punch. Then I use my textile CB embossing folder...on Claret Cardstock. Finally I made an envelope using my DCWV Fall Stack...Yay I'm finally using paper IN the season I bought it...phew how far I've come :-). It is a really nice stack...I don't scrapbook much and using up all the paper can sometime be a challenge, but now I know how to make the envelopes I can see myself easily using it!

Also wanted to mention this is going to be my entry into the Fall Card Challenge! Entries close August 30th...and I will post a poll to determine the winner.

Happy Crafting!

Lisa.

No comments: