Friday, August 10, 2007

Wedding Scrapbook

I know it has been a long time since I have posted. But I have the most amazing mini scrapbook to share. I was over my friend Gwen's House for her Open House...and was rummaging through all the items she brought back from the TAC Conference. And I found the cutest little star scrapbook. She was kind enough to let me borrow it for inspiration and I needed a thoughtful gift for a cousin that is getting married in Italy. Initially I thought to send a pack of Thank You Cards...but everyone said not to (I like thank you cards)...but then again I don't have a "Grazie" stamp...not that she doesn't read English...like every other Italian I know (hee, hee). But when I saw this mini-scrapbook I knew this would be the perfect gift...it isn't very hard to make but has a grand visual impact!

Anyway, I hate to say my photography doesn't do justice to this little book, it just so much better IRL. I finally pulled out the stops and used my handmade paper, several cuttlebug folders and even a couple Sizzix die cuts! So strap yourself in and prepared to be amazed. Okay maybe not amazed...but if you knew me, and knew how rare it is for me to scrapbook...you should be BLOWN away!

Here is the cover of the square book...I used the swirls cuttlebug and shiny grey paper to create the background (see I told you my pictures stink!!). I corrugated a white piece of cardstock and put the die cut bookplate at the bottom. I'm hoping it will hold a great picture of the couple and the date of the wedding.




The second and third pages are simple...but the paper is just gorgeous...this is handmade paper almost translucent (and no I didn't make it) with a gorgeous metallic silver thread running all through it!




The fourth and fifth pages are also grey monochromatic. I have no idea what the actual wedding colors are going to be so I'm sort of copying the wedding invite style. I cuttlebugged this piece with the Textile folder and tore a little more handmade paper (this one has little embossed silver dots covering it). In the corner is another die cut bookplate with a very shimmery silver ribbon threaded through and knotted on each end. I adhered the bookplate with pop dots because of the bulk of the ribbon behind it.

The fifth and sixth pages, I complete changed color scheme...just to give the book some pop. And well Bella Rose is my signature...so I had to include some roses somewhere. I really like this red roses paper from DCWV Stack 3. I stamped a zig zag stitch around the paper in Palette Noir...IRL it looks quite good. First time trying the faux stitching so I was pleased. the three flowers were punched with the CM Friendship punch...and attached with silver brads (I got these at the Target $ Spot for $0.25 for 25...and they are heavy and much nicer than the MM ones...I bought up every pack they had!). The photo mount was made by Offray Ribbon Factory...local here. I've had it for forever and it worked perfectly.

Tomorrow I will share the rest of the pages and a picture of the completed book...the display is what makes this book so great! It is coffee book material.

No comments: