Sunday, April 22, 2007

Clipp-i-mania

Apparently I have an addiction to 3-D items...although I did a little stamping on these. And I have finally matched Dani (stamping etc...) perhaps enough to sort of match her little cards to present the clippy. I cheated though and used pre-made Cello envelopes rather than making my own out of acetate (sorry).


The clippies are made out of Jumbo Paperclips (silver kind) and punched 1" circles of whatever scrap cereal box type stuff I have. I glue two light chipboard weight circles to each paperclip (front and back), using silicone adhesive. I clip with clothespins and let cure for 24 hours. I glued some aluminum foil (scraps from sharpening my punch)...onto a white cardstock circle. I then layered two flower punches the same size and a smaller center punch and used a brad to attach it to the shiny metal circle, then glued the whole thing onto the paperclip front. I used Yes glue...it is usually my adhesive of choice.

I made the card out of white cardstock to fit inside my little cello envelope. The front I punched out with my Creative Memories circle punch and the back I punched with the Stampin' Up Word Window punch...so I could clip the 'clippy' to the card.

The caption is from TAC Static Words and stamped in Palette Reflection Blue and L'Amour Red.

No comments: