Friday, April 27, 2007

I am just soo proud!

I am just so proud of this big tag (or bookmark). It started out as a toddler project to keep my 3 year old son busy and occupied on this rainy day. See while my blog and Etsy shop is named after Bella Rose, my daughter...my son is the serious crafter! He loves the fabric store and is a fellow punch addict...he punched all the items you see on this tag. He even rounded the corners.

The tag is 2 3/4" X 5.5" and has a beautiful "Mommy, I love you" poem printed in Pink. I tore the edges to give the tag a whole nostalgic, distressed feel. The pink base is The Paper Company Girl Color Pink cardstock and is distressed with Pallette Burnt Umber ink around the edges.

The flower pot was stamped with the TAC Squiggle Flowers flower pot and Palette Burnt Umber Ink, while the stems were made with the TAC LE Version Long Stem Flowers stem (masked the flower and flower pot) and Palette Jardin Moss. The flowers were punched with the Creative Memories (CM) Friendship punch then distressed with the Pallette Burnt Umber ink. The little striped butterfly was punched from the DCWV Stack 3 with the new 4in1 punch from CM and popped up to add a little 3-D. The second larger butterfly is black cardstock and a random punch I got in set from Costco. The tag is finished off with green and pink fiber Paton Cha Cha Yarn Salsa and Jazz.

The Enclosure card (does not open) is 2 3/4" X 2 3/4" square with rounded edges and one single punched flower in stamped pot. It has a bright 3-D pink butterfly perched on the pot side. Happy Mother's Day from the TAC Trendy Greetings is hand stamped in brown script.








Then I decorated an A2 envelope with a butterfly stenciled in sparkly chalk on the corner...again my son got very into this as all he had to do was "color imbetween the lines" (ie. rub the chalk). It was a really cool way to use a brass embossing template! I just saw it done on Scrapbook Memories today. Ha, like I scrapbook...but they have some awesome ideas!

1 comment:

Kylie Dickson said...

I love the ideas to involve your son.