Monday, April 02, 2007

Summer Fun Tags

I made this altered tin and mini-cards last summer for a contest and won 2nd place!!! I decided to make some tags to go with it. Tags seem to be all the rage on etsy...I'm not sure why though. I sold the Black/White with hot pink tags the very first day I listed them...an absolute first for me! So I guess there were as cute as I thought ;-)

Anyway, this set of tags was made using the TAC Frutti Fusion paper to paper piece the clunky shoe and cut the accent strip and the Paper Company Brights in Lime Green and Orange, with the Magenta and Blue used to mat the main image. The Clunck shoe stamp is from the TAC Girls Night Out Set (it has the most adorable Little Black Dress as well) and the "for you" is from the TAC All Occassion Set. (I use this set's caption more than any other set...they are perfect to fit just about anywhere and the font is one I just love, simple and straight forward so it goes with just about anything. The Mini Cards are basically the same as the Tags without the "for you".

On the tin I used the same image, paper piecing and mounting (except I used black)...and I used Frutti Fusion decoupaged onto the painted tin and a piece of black grosgrain stamped in Brilliance Platinum Planet with "enjoy" from a TAC set but I honestly can't remember which one (hey it was a year ago).

Inside I decoupaged another piece of Fruitti Fusion.

A little comment about the tag picture...I just love what an interesting photo it is as a thumbnail. It really makes an item stand out on Etsy.

No comments: