Sunday, July 08, 2007

Catchin-up with Cards

Well I've been pretty busy this week, I've been a work widow! My husband has been working around the clock (along with others) on the LiveEarth site. So I've been home, watching him sleep when he does come home. Yesterday, we watched part of LiveEarth on TV and watched all the people that pledged go across the screen (he was personally involved with coding that...it was like his 3rd child was born *grin*).

So yesterday I finally took a pause on my Etsy site (well...it wasn't like it was doing anything anyway)...and focused on making some projects...for family and friends! So this week I'll be uploading the results of my Crafting session!. I used templates and OSW (parts of them) to make a variety of cards...I made 7 cards and a card holder yesterday...a record for me.

So my favorite card (and boy am I going to be CASEing my own design often!) used my NEW and wonderful Gig Scalloped Oval punch. I already had a Mega Oval so thought it would be a good addition...would you believe they don't exactly line up...I mean good enough for government work, but that peeved me.

So I used a scrap of DCWV Stack 3 paper (the cream roses), punched a scalloped oval with my NEW FABULOUS punch out of ProvoCraft Stack V paper (brown) and a tab with the Su! Word Window punch. Finally I stamped (yes there was a little stamping) Happy Birthday from the TAC Trendy Greetings Set using Palette Burnt Umber. I then accented the punch with dots using a black marker (didn't have a brown one...I have a white one but have misplaced it :-(. And would you believe that Gorgeous ribbon with a bit of sheen...is from the Target $ Spot!!! It didn't come with much (only a foot) so I really scrimped by gluing it to the front and not using any under the main image!

No comments: