Sunday, July 15, 2007

I made this little thank you for a person that gave me some rare heritage breed laying hens. I love fresh eggs and we live in a development that is chicken friendly. I only live on 2 acres...but I like to see what type of 'farming' I can do...I'm a terrible vegetable farmer...but I have had a modicum of success growing blueberries, blackberries and red raspberries. The vegetables might have a chance this year as I finally put in a raised bed and have a sprinkler set up...so they actually get watered!

The girls I received came from Freecycle and are Egyptian Fayoumi (Faye), Golden Campine (Goldie); Buff Minorca (Buffy) and Silver Laced Wyandotte (Dottie)...who join my Australop (Sweet Pea)...although Sweetie isn't being very nice!

Now back to the card...I used the DCWV Grass Paper from Stack 3, thin strips of pastel yellow cardstock and then I stamped the white strip showing...with the TAC More One Liners in Palette Noir and the little flower from Paisley Rocks set in Palette Giverny Green. I also glued some little rhinestones on the flower center, although it is hard to see in the picture!

This card is very simple, but I think it came out great!

No comments: