Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Friend turns 95!!!

A lady in my Women's Club turned 95...she is incredible. I mean up until last year (94) she still drove herself everywhere, until a stroke and some latent balance problems curtailed that. But she doesn't look or act a day over 75!! She is fun, and has such a zest for life...I can only wish for!

We were talking about her daughter (who lives with her) and grand daughter...and I mentioned how nice it was that she could live with her daughter that must be a big help...she responded, "no, actually she lives with me...and I help her out!" Way to go! I hope someday to be as independent and positive. She is such a pleasure to know.

And here is the card I made for her...a 4.25" X 4.25" (nice because you can send it in a regular A2 envelope). I stamped the TAC flowers from Squiggle Flowers and colored in with markers and watercolor pencils (I used a bit of Tombow grey to ground those little flowers). I stamped "Happy Birthday" a TAC GWP in claret. Finally I added two little scraps to accent from a Sizzix flower punch (basically the pieces that I pulled out to make the design). I mounted this all on Bazzil Textured cardstock in pink.

No comments: