Sunday, June 10, 2007

Welcome Baby Giraffe!

Today I met my college roommates for brunch (we used to do this all the time...sigh) to celebrate one of them having her third baby! I made this adorable little card to go with a neutral color gift...cuz she doesn't find out if it is a boy or a girl! Because she says, "It is one of life's last true surprises"...and I totally agree. She is due in early July but you never know...so we thought we would eat and catch-up, with the excuse of "Baby Shower". Well we ate and talked from 11:30AM-6:30PM...what a nice place we were at!!! They just kept refilling our water...and let us chat the afternoon away...definitely a good time. And my husband was the only one that didn't call around 3PM (that was when brunch ended) wondering where I was...he knows I talk alot ;-)

So I made this card, quick, quick quick to stick on the package as I ran out the door (late as usual). It is a 3X3 card with a white cardstock base, The Paper Company Pastel Yellow cuttlebugged with Diving Swirls. The main giraffe image was from the TAC Wild Animals LE and I used my color pencils to color in, the sentiment "welcome baby" is stamped with Palette Burnt Umber and from the TAC All Occasions set (which is sadly retired)...and oh so useful. I mounted it on a solid green paper scrap I had hanging around from the DCWV Stack 3. I also made some Thank You note cards in yellow and green...so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your cards. Did you make the jewellery I work with mentally challenged adults and the gals would love to make some. Thanks Ann AKA wantitall