Thursday, June 28, 2007

Little Pooh Book!

Finally I have a chance to show you a little more detail on that Pooh Coloring Book. I just LOVE it...and it makes the perfect little Party Favor.

I actually hand wrote the "100 Aker Wood" because well my handwriting is SOO bad it looks like a toddler's.
Here are detailed instruction (these have an English translation) from Stamping Dani with template (which I just realized are in Italian [which I read and speak so forgot] but the pictures give you the general idea) and the like for how to make the book...only thing I can add, is the American Measurements...I used 12X12 paper and cut it 4" X 10.5" so I could get 3 per sheet.

I didn't have string so I used ribbon to bind the pages. It is a simple butterfly closure (and Dani has a diagram of that as well).

Now for the inside...and the incredibly HARD part. I found several coloring book images and resized them to be 3X4" and printed them out on regular paper.

Next time I will actually do this on cardstock and double side...or add more sheets regular paper. I used to do graphic design, so I used to do things like this all the time...but it is a whole new world and the more programs "help" you the less you can actually do with the darn things. So I started with PowerPoint, then moved to Word...I think Adobe Photoshop would've been the best option...but it wasn't installed (new upgrade to Vista...messed up my whole life! I'm still recovering).

No comments: